There’s no denying that recruitment agencies are an essential part of any job search. Recruiters can fast-track the process of finding a job by vetting opportunities and matching you with a role that fits your skills.
Specialist recruitment agencies are especially useful as they possess a firsthand knowledge of the marketplace, local knowledge and connections with key players in your field. It seems that accounting support professionals are well aware of this, actively seeking help from recruiters when plotting their careers.
AccountAbility’s latest survey has unearthed some key insights into the relationship between candidates and recruitment agencies:
- Most candidates enlist the help of a recruitment agency because they believe that agencies can match skills and experience with the right job and are often privy to relationships with industry employers. However, 52 per cent of candidates are more focused on personal values and a cultural fit, and feel that recruiters can provide them with this knowledge before they commit to a new job.
- Among the 72 per cent of respondents that cited the ability to match skills and experience as the motivating factor for using a recruiter, 68 per cent of those were aged 16 to 29 and 74 per cent were permanently employed.
- Brand profile plays a major role in selecting the right recruitment agency – 39 per cent of those surveyed said they would be more likely to apply for a job if they knew and liked the recruiter.
- When using a recruiter’s website, it’s all about location. 79 per cent suggested that location was the most valuable information provided by an agency’s search engine. Candidates also identified role, industry and package details as important features.
- AccountAbility is a clear winner in terms of approachability, according to accounting support professionals. Its candidate-friendly approach attracts 51 per cent of candidates, ahead of Robert Half, Page Personnel and Credit Recruitment.
By using a professional recruitment agency, such as AccountAbility, when searching for your next role in the accounting support industry, you can enjoy recruitment services tailored to suit your needs and be placed in the ideal job.